Large pieces of broken clay pot
1/8th inch x 12 inch wooden dowels (approx)
Sealer ( recommended for outdoor use)
- Paint the large pieces of clay pot. You can paint it all one colour or paint the rim a different colour. Dry. Paint more pieces and dry.
- Paint the dowel and leave to dry.
- You may need to give the clay pieces a second coat of paint. Acrylic paint dries very quickly. Then paint some vines, leaves, flowers or patterns on the piece.
- Some may want to label them eg. lettuce, cabbage, carrot, mint etc. If so, paint the name first and then the pattern/picture.
- Glue each clay piece to the dowel, leaving just a little of the dowel top showing.
- Spray or paint a sealer over the clay and dowel after it is thoroughly dry.